22 July 2012

13 Weeks

Our first date.

Cameron & I were rather unconventional from the beginning. I liked his best friend Mitch. I had a class with Mitch and would talk to him all class. I got to know him really well. He told me about his life and about the lives of his friends, including his best friend, Cameron. 

I knew of Cameron, after all he was friends and with my best friend and was even in her ward. 

One day, I asked Mitch about Cameron, and he asked me if Cam was cute.
That same night cameron texted me.

We texted and texted and texted (is that even the proper way to say that? who knows.)

But of course, since we only knew one another through text messages and stories courtesy of Mitchell, we never talked at school. We'd look at one another in the hall and look away.
Awkward, is the only way to describe it. 

Then he asked me on a date. A double date with Mitch. 
He picked me up and met my parents.
He opened my door and smelled divine.
We rode in his red jeep and talked like we were the best of friends. 
We went mini golfing and had ice cream.
I was nervous and he was so handsome.

I think it's fair to say that I had the hots for Cameron after he started texting me...but I really fell for him that night. Cameron was a perfect gentle man and made me feel so very special. 
He walked me to my door and it snowed. 
He gave me the best hug and left me thinking about him for the rest of the night until he finally
texted me again.


Perhaps it's not the most romantic of stories, but I love it. I love that we were set up and had so much in common from day one. He easily became my best friend and will forever be. Now here we are, just weeks until we can be together again and make new memories and I
could not be happier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment