29 December 2012

I Owe You a Story


Blogging was so much easier when Cameron was gone. Maybe that's because I had nothing to do, so I had time to blog. The sad thing is, now my life really is blog-worthy and I have no time. What a cruel fate.

Here is a blog worthy story, and since Cameron is at work and it's saturday, I actually have time to blog. 
We got engaged last week. Just before my birthday. He was 3 days shy of being home two months. He absolutely surprised me. I went into work on Thursday morning, tired and grumpy, to find a big box on my desk. It had a bow and said "open me now." 
With it being so close to my birthday, I figured it was a birthday present from my friend Kristin and began to open it. Inside the box was another box, and another, and another. Finally I got to the bottom, there was a wrapped present. I unwrapped the present to find a little white picture book. 
The book was full of pictures of us from high school up until now...It was adorable. 
On the very last page was a picture of the temple and Cameron's proposal.
After I finished reading I figured out what was going on and turned back to the boxes to find a ring, then cameron came walking in and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

I said yes. 

I was completely in shock and shaking...He completely surprised me. I was SO sure we were getting engaged on my birthday - or christmas. Not at 8 o'clock on a Thursday morning at work. He did it, he surprised me and I am so impressed. My co-workers ran in and hugged me, then my boss told me to leave. Cameron and I went back to his house to have breakfast. It was such a sweet morning and such a great surprise. That night he took me to dinner at Bucca di Pepo (that's spelled so wrong - but you get the point) and we celebrated our first night as an engaged couple. 

It's still weird to call him my fiance, but I like it. We set the temple date back before we went to Hawaii but after we were ring-official Cameron called and requested my temple information.
We are so so so very excited. 

May 1, 2013 at the Salt Lake Temple.
I could not be happier.

3 comments:

  1. He did good! This is such a cute proposal! I am so happy for the both of you! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been DYING for this story!! haha SO happy for you, Kayla! Very sad I won't be here for the wedding, but I know it will be beautiful. Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited and what a neat story!!! I am so excited for you two!! I'm glad you posted this b/c I have been curious!! :-)

    ReplyDelete