21 June 2011

The Basics

So...here's the story. Cameron and I were somewhat introduced my a mutal friend last year. He was a senior and I was a junior. Mitch, our mutal friend, told Cameron that I thought he was a stud and Cam asked Mitch for my number. And that's how it started. Cameron texted me the same night and we hit it off instantly. We texted straight for days, and then Cameron asked me on a date. Our first date was hilarious. We doubled with Mitch and went to Hollywood Connection (YUCK!) But he made it fun. He was/is the worst mini golfer I've ever met and that made for some laughs. I found that Cam and I just got along super easily. It was so natural to be with him. SO our first date was a success. Then we went on a second to the movies and saw Valentine's Day together. He made the move, and everything was so great. I decided I really liked Cam. Fast forward a few months....We went to Prom together and that was the first night he held my hand and then kissed me. He is amazing. The night after senior dinner dance I took him on a date. We went to gardner village for dinner and went to day break lake. We held hands and talked the entire night. It was a perfect night, made better only by him telling me he loved me for the first time. He said it, and I knew he meant it. From that moment on we were inseperable. We spent the entire summer with each other. Our nights consisted of rides in the jeep, cuddled by the fire, and long conversations. I fell in love very easily with him. He is my better half and my absolute best friend. We were there for eachother through everything...no matter what. The summer was a dream and ended all too soon. In August Cameron recieved his mission call. I watched Cameron go from a high school boy to a mission ready man. We embraced our last months together, but knew the end was near. We spent every spare second together. Before he recieved his call, Cameron and I talked about me waiting and marriage. He is an amazing man and I want nothing more in life than to be with him. He gave me a promise ring and promised if I waited for him and supported him, he would marry me. And that's the deal. He left on October 20, 2010. It was by far the hardest day of my entire life. There is nothing harder than watching the man you love walk away from you for the last time for a long time. I watched him go and am waiting for him to come back. Cameron is the best man I have ever met. He is my best friend. He knows anything and everything about me, and I about him. I know that these two years will only make us stronger when we are married. He is an incredible missionary. I am so truly proud of the man he has become and can not wait to meet him again. This blog is about the time until that happens...

No comments:

Post a Comment