24 June 2011

My All Time Favorite Words of Encouragement

Everyone seems to have a different reaction when you tell them you are waiting for a missionary. Most the time people don't understand why you'd spend two years writing to someone. People often offer "encouragement." These are my top three favorite encouraging phrases.

1. "You're waiting for a missionary? Does that mean you can't go on dates, because that is really stupid."
2. "Wow, two years is a long time...What if he changes? He's going to change in two years, you know."

3. "You're only 18, you can't possibly think you are in love and think you really want to marry this guy!"

Haha these are the classic phrases. Most people think i'm an idiot and that I don't know what I am doing. By this time I have just learned to ignore people's opinions. They don't know how Cameron makes me feel. Yes i'm 18. Yes two years is a long time and I know he will change, he already has, but I know he is changing for the better. He is growing up and becoming a marriage-ready man. I love him even more when I read his growing testimony and feelings about the gospel. He is an amazing man and I would be lucky to marry him :)

 So last night I went to relief society. We talked about meal planning and grocery shopping. It is so weird that I actually am trying to plan how I am going to plan meals for my husband and family. It seems so far away, but in reality I know it is almost here. I really like relief society. The women are so sweet and so smart. They have lots of advice for me, and really welcome me.
 After relief society I went to ashlee's house. Haha we checked our tire pressure and filled our tires. We are so mechanical haha. Then we went to have a fire in her new fire pit. Her dad built a cabin in the fire pit for us to burn, but the wood was too wet to it wouldn't light. We ended up just sitting around the non lit fire pit in the darking talking. It was so great. Sometimes the simple things are the most fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment