28 June 2011

A Weekend of Cultural Expiriences

Okay so the past weekend ending today has been full of colorful, cuturing, expirinces. On friday I went to Taylorsville Dayzz with Shandy Chel and a new friend, Tori. We looked at all the boothes and got henna tattoos. Chel Shand and I bought these sweet bags from some crazy guy in a tent and then Tori and I practically got sick on the crazy carni rides. It was so much fun. After the rides we watched fire works. I love watching big fireworks shows. They are awesome, and SUPER romantic. Last year I went to the same fireworks show with mr. cameron. He is the best at being romantic. It was super fun and very much missed this year.
 Next...on saturday ashlee and I went to the Utah Arts Festivle. Needless to say, this is a cultural event all in it's self. Just going down town (as Bruce Robertson said) is an adventure. Ashlee and I drove downtown and parked at the gateway. We decided to out smart the poor parking around the fair and rode trax to library square. while we were waiting for trax we saw a man with a live SNAKE on his hand! Yes, just walking with a snake. and then another with a snake on his neck!!! OH and it gets weirder. When we got to the fair we looked around for a while. There were pot smoking, toms wearing, rat tail growing, "hipsters" everywhere. Basically, the festivle was their weekend hangout. The smell of toms was inescapable. So ashlee and I decided to track down Shauna Robertson, a good friend from school. On our way we saw a lady, riding a bike and selling pb & j sandwhiches with a TAIL!!! Yes she was wearing a faux fox tail. Creepy right? It was totally strange. We got some ice cream and found safety talking to shauna. And where was shauna? Selling pb & j sandwhiches in kiddie land. That's right, she knows creepy tail lady. Man, who just wears a tail? While we were talking to Shauna and Bruce, some hippie came up and told me he liked the curls in my hair. That was new, I've never gotten a compliment from a hippie before, and he was legit. He had ty-dye on and everything. When we were done gosiping with the Robertsons we went looking around and found a SWEET fork art stand. Ashlee and I bought Pickle Forks! They were very handy come dinner time. So we decided to leave the festivle and watch a movie at my house. ON the train back to the gateway there was a mess of teenagers drinking beer cleverly hidden in gatorade bottles. There was also a creepy man staring at ashlee. SUPER creepy. man the train is ALWAYS an expireince.
 At my house we watched return with honor. Ya way sad, but pretty good. And that ended saturday.
SUNDAY I went to...the singles ward dun dun daaaaa....It was pretty sweet. I actually really liked it. I liked seeing people my age so into the gospel and willing to participate in church. I met some nice girls to hangout with and eventually realized I was in the wrong ward, so I'll try again next week.
Today ashlee and I went and saw the scarlett pimpernell. My friend from work, Ann was in it and I love musicals so it was a great excuse to go! It was SO great. i'm going to have to check out the movie and stuff. I loved it. Very musically and historically culturing. And that was my cultural weekend.
                                                     Me and Ash with our Art: Pickle Forks!

No comments:

Post a Comment