14 May 2012

The Best Call Yet

Yesterday (mother's day) I had the amazing opportunity to talk to my cameron for almost two hours. I could hardly sleep Saturday night because I was so excited. Church was great, but dragged because all I wanted was for it to be 5 pm. I went home and had dinner with my family then had to wait one more hour until I could go to Cameron's house. I basically paced back and forth and peed more times than anyone should. I was a nervous wreck and completely excited all at the same time.

Before his call, I was able to catch up with his family and had a great time with them...THEN the phone rang. LeAnn answered and I listened intently to hear his voice. After she talked to him it was Christopher's turn. They talked about working out and other "man" things. Then cameron's step dad, Rob talked to him. I continued to wait patiently and gratefully. Just as it was my turn, Christopher decided he had one more thing to tell Cameron. I was dying!! Then...it was my turn.

I got on and said hello and he did too. Then I just laughed and laughed because his entire family was staring at me. Our conversation was perfect. We laughed and talked and talked. Then his family left me at the house to go to a family party and we really talked. We made plans, not just "some day we'll..." plans, but real plans. What we are going to do for thanksgiving and then Christmas. What we are going to do the day he comes home and that night. Honestly...what do you do after you haven't seen someone for two years? Kiss, obviously ;) but what else? We basically just decided to see what the night brings and just spend every second in each other's arms, but if anyone has a fantastic idea I'd love to hear. We also talked about getting a family phone plan and a cat.

I told him, after a year in college, I finally understand why he gave me a promise ring before he left. Partially to symbolize our promise to one another, but more so to "mark his territory" so to speak. He laughed and confirmed my enlightenment. He told me that the CTR ring I gave him the day he left (to mark my territory) is faded and worn out. We both agreed it was time for new rings ;)

I made fun of his poor grammar in his letters and he told me he wouldn't change a thing about me. And that sums up our relationship perfectly. He was so fun to talk to and made me laugh all night. I never wanted that phone call to end. Sadly, at about 7:30 we had to hang up. He told me he loved me and is going to take me to the temple. I told him I loved him to and am waiting for that day ever so patiently. We cried when we had to say our final goodbyes, but were comforted with the knowledge that the next time we talk, it'll be in person.

I am so in love with that man and know that I made the right decision in deciding to wait for him. He is my absolute best friend and my idol. He challenges me to be better and loves me through my faults. And I love him more than I could ever express on a silly blog post. It was the best phone call we've ever had and I am so grateful for the sacrifice his family makes to allow us to talk. We are so close to the end and so close to the beginning of our life together. This has been an amazing opportunity for the both of us and has challenged our love in the best way. I am so completely blessed.

And bloggers...I have a release date. OCTOBER 23, 2012. Let the final countdown begin.

7 comments:

  1. how fun kayla. sounds like it was perfect for the both of you. it's amazing how close you can grow with someone through letters (and emails now). i know you have blossomed into such a beautiful woman and i'm sure he has grown into a great man. and a release date...agh! that makes it REAL! exciting. i'll be the one in a trench coat with big sunglasses on at the airport trying to catch a peek of his coming home ;) ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here I am again with my roommate...we are reading and stalking your blog like the Bible!;D
    Kayla, I am SO excited for you!:) It sounds like your Mother's Day was just fabulous!:)
    And...OCTOBER 23RD!:D Oh my gosh(insert scream!:D)the final stretch is here, congrats!:)
    So excited for you and Cameron!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Basically I'm in love with your awesome life(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, this is the absolute cutest! I'm so happy for you Kayla! I better get a wedding invitation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! I'm so happy you have a release date!!!! It's sooo close! I love you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you. I love reading your blog it reminds me of what it was like while Jon was on his mission. Two years seemed like forever and now we are in our eight year of marriage. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Kayla! I'm so excited for you two (:

    ReplyDelete