10 May 2012

My First Time in Tooele


Tooele - {two-will-a)



Yesterday, after work, I made a trek out to Tooele for my Relay for Life team meeting. 
The meeting was at Kristin's house, so after work I sat in her cubicle, then followed her home.
I'm pretty sure I passed the ocean on the way there. The GSL actually looked...goregous.
Before we exited Kristin and I pulled over so I could take a picture of the exit sign. I'm pretty sure she wanted me to stand in front of the sign, but the cars were moving so fast I chickened out.
We almost got pulled over driving into town. Seriously, the guy behind me got pulled over. I lucked out and Kristin, miss-speed-all-the-way-from-SLC really lucked out.
I saw my first ever tractor crossing sign in Erda! (what an awful town name)
Then we made it to Tooele.

We picked up Gabe from daycare then Kristin made the speediest pizza run I've ever seen. I'm not even kidding. Two minutes: in & out with a hot and ready.
When we got to her house Gabe and I played in the back yard. We played soccer, football, baseball, AND jumped on the tramp. Oh how I've missed trampolines. Seriously. 
I think Gabe and I are kind of best friends now. He even called me tonight. A call the next day from a boy? That's always a good sign.

We had a great meeting and I am super excited for Relay! It is going to be a B L A S T. 
Tooele was not so bad, it even had a stop light & indoor plumbing! and it made for a
great adventure!


1 comment:

  1. This has to be your BEST post ever! And did I mention I was raised in ERDA? Maybe that explains a few things about me huh?

    ReplyDelete