06 May 2012

I Went Back to Panem this Weekend



I finally had the kind of a weekend that I have been craving for months. A weekend with no plans and no commitments. After work on friday I went for a run and decided that what I longed to do more than anything was read. Lame perhaps, but I am a girl that finds happiness in the simplest of things. So I went home, put on my sweats, and traveled to Panem. It's been far too long since I visited and 800 some pages later I'm sad that I soon have to leave. I read the hunger games friday, catching fire saturday, and hope to finish mocking jay tonight.
Don't fool yourself, however, I'm not a complete freak. I managed to leave my book for a couple things this weekend:

I ran a 10k (6.2 miles) bright & early Saturday morning with my Dad. I ran it in 62 minutes. I was hoping for under an hour, but I feel as if 62 minutes is respectable. It was beautiful weather and was a great race. The first of many this season.
PS. please excuse my disgusting face. I look high & gross. I promise I'm much cuter in real life.
I convinced Ashlee to go with me to get my favorite treat: frozen yogurt. And even better, at menchies they have heated peanut butter that you can drizzle over the top. It's basically a marriage of my two favorite foods.
Cute ashy with her yogurt. I won't even mention the toy they gave us with our purchases. Ash loved it WAY too much.
Also, I now have a new bucket list item. I will be attending the Kentucky Derby, preferably sitting in Millionaire Row, wearing an extravagant hat cheering for a horse with a name like
"I'll have another."

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to run that on sat but had extra kids that day. Fun to run w your awesome dad.
    I'm a red mango fan. I've heard great things about menchies though and need to try it out.
    Can't believe only 5 fast Sundays!!!

    ReplyDelete