10 July 2011

Yogurt and Books

Okay...so for graduation I got a few barnes and noble gift cards. I went there last week and literally was in heaven! I forgot how much I absolutely love to read. I spent a couple hours there and finally decided on a book called Earing Eternity. It is a fictionally LDS book about a woman who's husband of 9 yrs suddenly leaves her and the trials she faces surrounding his abandonment, arrest, and other hardships he causes her. It is a testiment of the power of temples and of faith. Perhaps the most profound statement in the book is made by the temple sealer at her marriage. He warns the couple, "I urge you to remember that love is not enough, and will not solve all your problems. If you stay close to the Lord and keep the Light of Christ burning brightly in your hearts you will be given all you've been promised. But know that eternity is earned." It is easy to forget that each day, we as saints need to be continually working to better ourselves and become more Christ like. My book was amazing and I flew through it. I would highly recommed it to anyone. It is very powerful.


 Last night, I knew I was going to finish my book so I made ashlee go with me to Barnes and Noble, where I bought 4 more books!!! Yep, life is good :))
My other new favorite place is Yogurt Land! or as I like to call it, candy land! It is so great. I went again last night and got $2.92 worth of yogurt! and candy of course! It is a great place to be, yogurt land :) I am very much enjoying my summer of reading and yogurt! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment