06 July 2011

Friends

This past weekend I got to hang out with lots of my friends. It was great and VERY much needed. It seems like I never really get to see my friends. They are all so busy with their boyfriends and work, and I am busy with work, it just seems our schedules never quite match up. This weekend, however, was an exception. On saturday I hung out with my ward friends....yes, they are all atleast in their late 20's, but they are still my friends. We did the "kiss me dirty" race at wheeler farm. It was 4 miles through mud, hay bales, tires, soap, and lots of water. It was very fun! Such a great saturday. Fast forward to monday, I woke up and went to the west jordan parade with ashlee. It was fun to see the community all together for the parade. Then I went home and slept, went to barnes and noble, then had a bbq with my family. Later that night camie and I went to josh's house and did fireworks with him and lex and his family. Then we watched the big WJ fireworks from his porch and later went to my house to have a fire and just catch up. I love nights like that. Just being able to talk and hangout. Last night I hung out with shand and chel. We went to yogurt land and then to chel's house. We just talked and talked for hours. It was so great. I love my friends and I love being able to hear about their lives. It is so weird....I love spending time with them, but it is almost bitter sweet. I know this is the end. From this summer on we, as friends, will never be the same. Everyone is going to a different college, and everyone but me and shand, is moving away. I'm having a hard time dealing with this reality. I love my friends so much and this new step is probably the worst part of graduating. I'm excited to start this new chapter, but I'm just not ready to turn the page and end all this. Yes we will still be friends, but from this point on, it will never be the same.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment