04 March 2012

Ski Day






On my way to work on Friday...slipping and sliding through the un-plowed streets, including redwood, I couldn't help but wish I was headed up to the ski resorts. In fact, it's all I could think about most of Friday so on Saturday my Dad and I went up to Brighton and spent a wonderful day on the slopes.

It was windy and cold, but absolutely wonderful. We raced down the mountains and stayed until close. We joked with one another on the ski lifts and really had a blast together. We laughed as we watched little kids fall down the same hill that I had learned to ski on when I was a just tiny kid.

I had so much fun with my dad and am so grateful he was willing to drop everything Saturday morning to head up with me. I have such a great dad and a wonderful family and we had such a great time!

I guess there are some perks to living in boring old Utah :)  

2 comments:

  1. It is unconstitutional to put "boring" and "Utah" in the same sentence. We have skiing (winter or summer), we have hiking, we have mountains, we have deserts, we have city, we have country. The only thing we don't have is ocean (which is--admittedly--a shame). We also have some of the best people in the world, including your dad. Utah Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie keeps up on your blog and regularly tells us a cute story or fun fact about the things you've done or said. When I saw your dad posted this link on FB I thought "I'm gonna read!" And I'm glad I did!
    It sounds like you had great fun! Daddy/Daughter days are the best (in our family it gives mom a free minute to just relax!) Mommy/Daughter days are fun too but there's something important about daughters having that special relationship with their Daddy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete