27 March 2012

We Go On Dates

Well okay...Patrick doesn't have a girlfriend. I have a boyfriend, but he's a missionary and can't take me on dates so I guess this works. We like to go on "dates" together, and have a great time together.

Today Patrick came home and said, "I have 100 bucks, wanna help me blow it?"
Really I just wanted to take a nap, but after some convincing we decided to see The Hunger Games (surprise).

We looked up show times and found one in twenty minutes. Armed with popcorn, water, and a pretzel we made it into the theater at the district just as the movie began. Seriously, right at the beginning. We fell into our seats and enjoyed the hunger games.

Patrick has never read the books or seen the movie, but he loved it. He cried when Rue died and couldn't stop drooling over Katniss...No worries, I enjoyed checking out Peeta and also cried at Rue's death (again)...so it's even. We were both disappointed with the cave scene, but enjoyed the game maker's beard. I think we are going to be throwing a Hunger Games themed Halloween party, just so we can dress cool-ly. All in all...we had a blast.

After the movie we chatted about the concept of the game and I gave away the next two books, just so patrick could be informed. We headed over to menchies for some yogurt. I filled my cup and patrick opted out, but still paid. When the cashier rung us up she asked if we needed an extra spoon to share my yogurt. Poor patrick, I thought the kid was going to die of embarrassments. "awkward" is all he could whisper. So what, people think we're boyfriend and girlfriend, but the truth is, we have a great time together. Always.

On the way home patrick ate his cookies (we found a cute shop next to menchies), I ate my yogurt, and together we sang our hearts out to mayday parade, occasionally interrupting to mention another thing we loved about the movie.

 And that folks, is how to spend a Tuesday afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. kayla. i love you. and i miss you. that is all!

    your semi-forgotten friend,
    sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish this post had a "like" button.

    ReplyDelete