30 October 2012

An Update


I've been told I need to blog about "it" so everyone can know what's going on. I can't speak for cameron, but I'm 99% sure he feels the same way.

Here are my thoughts about my RM, Cameron.


I am absolutely obsessed with him.
His voice. his smile. his laugh. his arms. his attitude. his goals. his taste. his smell. and so much more.
His mission stories are absolutely amazing. 
In the past week he has taught me so much about the gospel and  I am so grateful to have him home. 

Sunday was his homecoming talk. I'd never been to a homecoming before. I'm glad my first was his. His did a fantastic job. I was thoroughly impressed (but not surprised). I was so grateful to have such wonderful people attend to support him, including some of my favorite people in the world. 
Thank you Val, Susan & Mark, Kristin & Gabe, and Diane & Paul, for coming to support him. 
It meant the world to me. 

We spent all of last week attached at the hip. This week is a bit different. It's the last week before the election AND I'm back at school. I don't like this whole "being apart thing." You'd think after two years, a day or so would be cake. Ya, not so much. 

Cameron and I had some very serious conversations last week. Not bad conversions in any way or shape...just serious. We have a plan and are really going to do this. Come this spring, we'll be making a trip to the SLC temple. 
Stay tuned for some exciting things to come.

Sometimes we will be having a conversation about "us" and Cameron will start crying. Not because he is sad, but because he is so happy. This is a new trait and I love it. He is so sweet and so caring. 
On the way home on friday I literally thought to myself, "It's friday and I still haven't written Cameron." Then I laughed and remembered I was just at his house. 

In case you were worried, he's not weird at all. He is perfectly himself, with a few bonuses. We've had couples prayers and pray before meals. We have temple date nights and he shows me cool things in the scriptures. But there is no weirdness at all. We had our (second) first kiss less than a half hour after he was released. He's totally himself with some amazing additions. 

I am completely proud to call him mine and so happy to have him home. He served a honorable full-time mission and came back an even more amazing man than he left (I didn't even think that was possible). He brings out the best in me and we always have a great time together. 

I am so grateful he asked me to wait and I am so very happy I did. He was so worth the wait. It was hard and a lot of times I wanted to move on and not be "waiting for a missionary" anymore. But after the last week, knowing what I know now I would do it 10 times over. Two years is nothing when it means I get to spend eternity with this man. He will be the best husband and father, and his mission has had a lot to do with that. I love when he says "on my mission." 

I have friends that are waiting for missionaries...my advice? Don't give up. No matter what. Those boys you loved enough to agree to wait for are even better men when the come home. Support them and love them and keep going. Two years flies, I promise.

The last thing I need to say is thank you. Thank you for all the support and love you have given me these past two years. Thank you for putting up with my whiney-ness and my endless missionary stories. I am so grateful for the people in my life and their support. So truly, thank you.

These past two years have been amazing...and I have no doubt the next step in my life and our relationship will be even better. 


8 comments:

  1. You two are great together. I'm so happy for your happiness. Can't wait for wedding day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to cry i am so happy for you.
    this makes me want to wait THAT much more.
    kayla, seriously so happy for you.
    i cannot wait till spring. (:
    yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in love with this post!! you two are adorable:) i can't get over it. it is so great to know that it is worth the wait. AND....i am dying for you to be married already!...soon enough. soon enough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kayla! This made my day...I am so SO happy for you. He is a lucky man to have a girl like you by his side. I can't wait for you to be with him for eternity!
    Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! I've been waiting for this post and I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, my name is Morgan Vecchio :) You don't know me but I am waiting for my missionary! he has 6 months left in december and I feel so blessed and excited to have him back again. I just wanted to let you know that I am so happy for you and that you just made me even more excited to have him home :) And that when things are meant to be, heavenly father makes it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy for you two! This blog post is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete