30 October 2012

In Case You Were Wondering... A Run Down of Last Week

Cameron came home one week ago today.





I woke up at 5:45 the morning he came home and was a mess from that moment on. 
I did my hair, watched tv, went to walmart, cleaned my car, did my makeup, did my hair, got my nails done, watched his flight on delta.com, put ribbons in the yard, and STILL had to wait an hour at the airport. 
I held tightly to my posters (s/o to Kristin) until he made his way down the escalator. 
There he was. Real as can be. 
He hugged his mom for close to five minutes. I stood there ready to puke. 
Then it was my turn. Just as he was about to put his arms around me his punk-little brother Chris tackled him. I died. It was absolutely hilarious. They hugged it out THEN it really was my turn. He held me sweetly. All I could manage to say was "you're so real." 
He smelled the same. He laughed the same. He smiled the same.

The rest of the airport scene is a bit of a blur. 
We got his luggage, took lots of pictures, and made our way to lunch. 

Lunch was awkward. There was too many people. I was too nervous to eat and too nervous to talk. I sat there feeling sick. Going back to his house was the same. He wasn't released so we still couldn't be alone. I sat and listened to him tell stories trying not to jump him for a smooch. 

He met with the stake president at 6. I sat with his family in the SP's living room and waited patiently. 15 or 20 minutes later the deed was done. Cameron was honorably released. We all shook hands then walked outside. Cameron and I decided to go for a drive. He opened my door and took off his missionary tag. 
He grabbed my hand and held tightly as I drove us around WJ.
We talked and talked. We somehow ended up at the JR temple then drove to his house.
We spent another half hour or so sitting in my car, in the dark, in front of his house talking.
"Should we go in?" I asked.
"Ya...I guess." 
"Do you want to kiss?"
"Very much."
Then he sweetly grabbed my face and gave me a kiss. A second First Kiss. 
A perfectly awkward first kiss. And then another. and another. 

Then we went inside and spent the rest of the night in each other's arms talking and kissing. 

The next day we took a trip to Tibble Fork lake in AF canyon. It had snowed the night before and was gorgeous. Cameron had a hard time breathing with the altitude, my poor PA boy. But other than that, it was perfect. We talked and talked and talked. I even managed to sneak in a couple pictures. Then we drove the alpine loop down the canyon and headed home. 
We had spaghetti for lunch then got dressed and went to the temple. 
We held hands and pretended we were a married couple. 
It probably was believable until we went down to the font :)


Sim in the temple in white was perfect. He confirmed me then baptized me. He spoke with the temple workers about his mission and beamed when I finally came out of the ladies dressing room. 
We held hands out of the temple and he opened my door. I convinced him to go to menchies and he fell in love. He loved his yogurt.
We'll be going to mechies again here soon. 
We drove back to cameron's home and mitch and jordan came over. They brought good laughs. I loved seeing Cam smile and joke like old times. 
They left, and we spent the rest of the night together.

That Thursday Cameron and Chris had a doctor's apt. and I drove and just hung out. 
Cameron and I also went to (early) vote. I love that man. He knows his stuff. I love it. 

Friday I returned to work and had cameron with drawls all day. As soon as I clocked out I raced to his house, heart pounding, excited to see him. He got a phone and we went to dinner at the cheesecake factory (my favorite). Our 'first' date. We head hands and shared noodles and oreo cheesecake. 
We make a good pair. We laughed and talked. I took pictures of him and he teased me. 

Saturday we had dinner with my parents. My mom made a fantastic dinner. Cameron was nervous, but after a few minutes he calmed down. He told mission stories (his stalker is my personal favorite) and my parents teased each other. We talked about our coming-soon maui trip (17 days!) It was so fun to spend time with my parents and my boyfriend. We have so much fun together. 
The rest of the night cameron wrote his homecoming talk and I watched.
It was blissfully perfect. 



1 comment:

  1. So cute :) I may or may not have been checking your blog all week waiting for this post heehee. Have fun with your RM!! :)

    ReplyDelete