26 November 2011

A Hawaiian Black Friday: A Teaser

So as you may or may not know....I'm in Maui for Thanksgiving. It's been one of the best weeks ever. I will go in to more detail with lots of pictures later, I promise! But here's today's rundown and perhaps a teaser for what's to come.

I woke up, threw my hair in a bun, and walked down stairs to breakfast with patty. We got a table and patrick ran to the buffet, while I stayed at the table to order off my menu. Suddenly, to my surprise, this man comes over to my table and starts talking to his friend at the table behind me...Oh ya, and this man just happens to be none other than ADAM SANDLER....who just happens to be talking to his pal Kevin James. So I just sit back and listen intently to their candid conversation. The whole time (inside) I'm freaking out!!! Haha Then I hear that Mr. Sandler has a tennis time at 11...so I sneakily head to the concierge desk and book a tennis time at 11 as well. Clever.

At 10, after breakfast, my family had an outrigger canoe lesson, so we head to the beach and head out on the sea. I saw turtles for the first time today and it was the best!!

Then at 11 I head out to the tennis courts. No sandler. I am the worst stalker ever. I guess there is a tennis club just up the streets...I should have known the 6th floor courts weren't good enough for adam...no he had to go to the club. Whatever. So my family played a bit of tennis then headed to the beach.

By this time the whole gang was having lunch so I ordered a cheeseburger and hung out by the pool...and low and behold, here comes adam sandler walking around the pool. Oh you better believe I took a creeper picture on my iphone. It's blurry and debatable, but it's him. After lunch my cousins and I played keep away in the pool. It was intense and patrick even broke my nail...Then we had some good old chicken fights. Classic.

Things really got good when we headed down to the beach and played soccer on the sand. Cliche, but so great. And by the standards of our group, I was actually pretty good (which may tell you something if you know how I play soccer). I took down my uncle a couple of times and had a blast. OH ya....and I broke my toe. No joke, purple and blue and swollen. It's a beaut. But sooo worth it.

After soccer we all showered then headed up to my aunt kim and uncle keith's room for some pizza and card games. Seriously, it was so fun. Nothing brings a family together like playing Bull Sh... I dominated the first game! Who knew I was such a good liar?? Then after the games we headed down to the dark beach and took the little guys crab hunting. Yes there is such a thing, and yes I caught crabs...Not the kinky kind, the kind that have claws and live on the beach. It was awesome.

We ended the day with a trip to the local ice cream shop and a walk through the resorts. Life is perfect here. I hate that I have to leave tomorrow. I will fill you in on the rest of the week's adventures at a later date. Until then, Aloha.

No comments:

Post a Comment