30 November 2011

In Case You Ever Wondered

For those of you who know me well, you know how much I absolutely love my job. I am so blessed. I began working at SOS Staffing in May, just before I graduated. I had worked at the bowling alley for two years, and was ready to progress in my work. I am the marketing assisant, and am constantly learning new things. Because of my wonderful job I have been able to purchase my own car and pay for my car insurance. I buy my own clothes and feel as those I'm taking steps to be independent. However, being able to be independent is not the biggest reason I love my job. Rather, it's the people I spend my time with. When you have a set working schedule you really become close to those you work with and work for. The immediate group I work with are the best. They are so witty and caring. Work truly is fun. I laugh my head off everyday! But today I realized just how great the presidents of my company are.
 A little over a week ago my uncle chris passed away. In a lot of ways, it is a blessing for him. He was in a very horrible car wreck when I was little and became a quad, meaning he had no use of or feeling in his legs or arms, through the years his bodily hardships have gotten worse and worse. He had his legs amputated and constantly was in the hospital. He became very sick and passed away peacefully. He now is in a much happier place and I hope, is much happier. Today my aunt (his wife) received flowers from JoAnn, Kevin, and the SOS Family in condolences of our loss. JoAnn is the CEO and President of SOS and Kevin is the CFO of SOS. They got word of my families' hardship and took the iniative to send flowers to someone they've never met, in Detroit. How amazing is that? I seriously can not comprehend how amazingly caring the company I work for is. They truly treat their employees so well and I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work for such a great company. So in case anyone ever wondered why I love my job....there you have it.

3 comments:

  1. What an great thing they did for your Uncle's family. SOS is a great company, especially the people we get to work with everyday and we are also blessed having you work with us Kayla. You fit right into our craziness.

    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss. Please give lots of loves to your mom. It is a tremendous blessing to work with and for wonderful people. I'm so glad you have that blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry, I had no idea about your uncle. You are so fun to work with as well and I'm glad you don't see me as being scary any more (right?). Remember, I only make fun because I like you.

    ReplyDelete