10 November 2011

A Missionary Girlfriend

11 more months to go. At times it seems like so little and at other times it seems like so much. I would give anything in the world for it to be next october right now. Anything to hug cameron. Some days are better, some are worse, but everyday is one less until I see him. This past week I've been emotional (guess which week of the month it is) but reguardless, i've been thinking a lot about my life with cameron. It's not easy to be the girlfriend of a missionary....It's not easy to have a boyfriend you can't even talk to for two years, or to be the friend that doesn't have a date. It's not easy to wonder what he is doing and how often he thinks of you. It's not easy to try and explain every piece of your life in a letter and to have portions of your life he can't experience. It's not easy to be driving at night and suddenly break down into full on tears, because you wish, more than anything, he could be in the car with you. I miss my cameron so much, but I can't ever tell him that. For him, I have to be strong and positive, always. I know however, through all the hard and all the tears I've cried, he is worth it.
 I can not wait to see cam come down the escalators and I can not wait to hug him and cry uncontrollably (out of happiness) on his shoulder. He is the best man I know and my greatest friend. 13 months down, 11 to go, one day at a time.

I found this today and got some much needed inspiration. They do come home, and it's worth it.

here's one more



just these videos make me cry. I will be a mess when it's my turn.


sorry for the pathetic-ness, but I needed to vent today....and this is my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Well, thanks a lot, Kayla. Now how am I supposed to stop crying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kayla, you are so strong. I love reading your blog. I'm excited to see you and Cameron and your cute little kids one day (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kayla! I'm waiting for a missionary too. We're all in this together.
    This is hands down my FAVORITE homecoming video one of my friends made! Enjoy.
    http://vimeo.com/31673669

    ReplyDelete