20 January 2012

The Best Pizza Story Ever

Today is month 15. It absolutely blows my mind. 15 months ago I said goodbye to my best friend. I never ever thought I would get to this day, and yet, here I am.

Cam & I do some cute things to celebrate each month mark. We have a chain that we made the week before he left. Each month, on the 20th, I pull the link down. Inside there is a little message that he wrote me. This month's: "kayla, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me." (have I ever mentioned I love this boy?) Anyways...then I write a little message for him and send the link to him...SO my chain gets smaller and his gets bigger as time goes on. It's cute and really fun.

This month I wanted to try out an idea I had a couple of months ago. I wanted to order cam and his companion a pizza for dinner. Sounds simple enough, right? So not though... I first had to figure out when they ate dinner so I could figure out when to order the thing. I asked him on chirstmas when we talked. He was curious, but dropped it. Then I had to figure out what kind of pizza places they had in MD...pizza hut seemed safe, and they are having a sale, so I went with them.

Janna and Kristin coached me on ordering a pizza and proper tipping manners. Then I went for it. I called the local pizza hut and ordered my pizza. I told the man on the phone that even if no one answered the door, he needed to leave the pizza. I paid him and asked him to put a note with the pizza that said "from kayla." He said that was no problem, and hung up.

15 minutes later the delivery man called me telling me that SOMEONE had to sign the receipt when he dropped off the pizza. "Well they might not be at their apt. so...you just sign it." He said he couldn't. "Well just get a neighbor to sign it." He said that wouldn't work either. I got really frustrated...The delivery man said he'd just go and see if they were home.

Again...15 minutes later I got a call from the delivery man.
Pizza Man - "Two guys answered the door, but they don't know who the pizza is from so they said 'no'''
Me - "Did they have white shirts and ties on?"
PM - "Yes."
Me - "Then knock on the door again and tell them the pizza is from Kayla Stober."
PM - "Okay..." then I waited on the phone, heart pounding. "Okay they said they know a Kayla Stober." (duh)
Me - "Okay, have them sign the receipt and add a tip."
PM - "Mam, they're confused...You tell them."
Me - "I can't!" Phone hangs up. I basically panicked. I called the poor delivery man back.
Me - "Did it work? Did they take the pizza?"
PM - "Yes, they signed it, added a tip, and took the pizza....Oh and the brown one said he loves you."

I just about died. I love that boy.

5 comments:

  1. agh! the trials of just trying to send a surprise pizza! what a cute idea. and how fun the pizza man delivered a message to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I just might have to try it with my boy and his companion in NY.



    karliwithak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, you're right. It's the best pizza story I've ever heard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. kayla!!!! you are adorable! i love you:)

    ReplyDelete