19 January 2012

I Said I Wouldn't Do It...

But I did...

My college plan was focused only on academics. Get a scholarship. Go to class. Do my homework. I wanted only to get done as quickly as possible....But if you know me, you probably can guess this has been incredibly hard.


Here's some back ground...

I started in elementary. I was on the student council in 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. I started a newspaper (that was really a flyer). I designed the school t-shirt (that one that said Oquirrh Rocks, the ugly green one? That was me). I was a captain of the student softball team that played against the 6th grade teachers. I loved elementary.

Then I moved to middle school. I didn't know how I'd ever make an impact on a school that was so big. My first day was so scary. I felt so little and lost in the halls. By the time I was a nineth grader I was involved with NJHS and held a posistion. I was able to plan meetings, plan activities, and be in charge of (small) things. I was on the high school soccer team. I was friends with countless teachers and had some great friends.

Then I moved to high school...and again I didn't know how I'd ever make an impact. The school was even BIGGER and scared the heck out of me. By the time I was a senior, however, I had made my impact. I was involved with countless clubs and groups. I was a class officer, a newspaper editor, a (true) debator, an NHS member, a junior delegate in the Utah Senate, varisty tennis captain, and more. High school was a great time and after three years, I left my mark and made my name known.

So here I am, at a new even bigger school. My plan was to just attend class and float by. That plan has since changed. I can't NOT be involved. I can't not meet new people and be friends with professors and realize great opportunities. That's just not me. I am happiest when I am busy and improving myself. Yes college is about academics, but for me, it has never just been about academics. This last semester was good, but I want my college expirience to be great. I want to leave my mark in some small way. Today I made the first step. I joined a political club (big surprise) I also have been gathering information about programs and opportunities throughout the school for students to be politcally active. Sign me up.

Oh...and I joined Romeny's campaign.

Here's to a new semester! Here here.

1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em tiger! We are happiest and most fulfilled in life when we do what calls to us. I'm sure great things are in store for you.

    ReplyDelete