11 December 2011

14 DAYS

14 days (yes 14) until Christmas!!
Am I excited to have a day off of work or to get spoiled rotten? No. I'm excited to talk to my cameron.
Last time we talked it was mother's day. SEVEN months ago. I went to his house and his mom talked to him for about 10 minutes, then I got the phone. We ended up talking until midnight (philly time). We talked about school, investigators, companions, friends, and how excited we both were to reach the one year mark. Well the year mark has come and gone and everything about both of our lives has changed. I am so excited just to hear his voice and his laugh. I am excited to hear him talk about those he teaches and about his growing knowledge of the gospel. I am so excited to hear him say "i love you." 
 We've talked on the phone 3 times since he left 14 months ago. once when he left the mtc (when he was at the airport). That call was full of tears and "this is so hard-s." The second time was last christmas. We were 3 months into this waiting game and it was becoming normal. We laughed and talked for a good half hour about our adventures and about each other. Tears were included, but not nearly as bad as the first call. The third call was the most fun...We were so normal. He made fun of me, we called each other names, and laughed all night. It had become normal that he was gone and we were both just enjoying the time we got to speak to one another. This next call is going to be the best yet. I just know it. Try going 14 months without talking to the person you love. With out hearing his laugh or hear him say your name. It's hard, and I would bet anything that most people couldn't do it. But we can. This call we will laugh, tease, recap, and cry when we have to say goodbye. But this call means there is only one more...then he will be home again and all will be well. I simply can not wait. 


14 days. just 14. please hurry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment