25 December 2011

A Phone Call

Merry Christmas...and Happy Christmas to me.
Today was an amazing day. I will blog about my morning and family christmas at a later day.
As for now, I will tell you about my call.

I took a nap after dinner. This is where the story begins. LeAnn (cameron's mom) texted me to come over and that I did. I got all dressed up and made sure I smelt my best (as if he'd know). Then I headed over to one of my favorite places in the world. I got to his home and was able to catch up with his family for about forty minutes before that blessed call. We exchanged gifts and I got spoiled rotten...as if that boy wasn't enough. Then we talked and talked... We were all excited. LeAnn got a few text messages and we all freaked out thinking it was him calling. Then it was. His mom talked to him and then his brother. Then his mom then his step-dad. Then his mom. I was dying. I could understand what they were talking about but was dying to talk to him. Then she finished and handed the phone to me. I took a deep breath and then it was all about us.
I love that boy.
We talked and talked and laughed and laughed. Just hearing his laugh...made the past seven months of no phone calls all worth while. He asked about school and work and life in general. I asked about his companions and if he walks around in his garments in his apartment (he does). We talked about my cheesy videos and about my family's christmas card. We talked about the months left and about our first hug when he comes back. We talked about kissing and stuff. I told him I was jealous of his companion and he told me I was beautiful. We laughed and cherished one another's laugh.
This call was different. There was more catching up involved than the last three. But after 7 months of nothing but letters and emails, I suppose that is understandable. It started with small talk and ended with us talking about road trips, going to the temple, and laughing about our first date. It is so perfectly easy with him and I love that. I would tell him I had to go because his mom had somewhere to be (and I had her phone) and then we'd end up talking and laughing for twenty more minutes. Classic. Yes there were some awkward moments where we both just gathered our thoughts trying to comprehend the fact that we were actually speaking with one another, but the laughs trumped the awkwardness...and after all, we always have been awkward. After we said good bye the tears came. As they always do. I hold it together for him, always, then break down in my car on the way home. I bawled. But that's just part of it. He makes me so happy, I hate having to say goodbye. The post call heartbreak is almost worse than the original goodbye. Almost. But my family (they've always been so great) managed to lessen the blow and help me put everything in to perspective. Ten more months. One more phone call. No more birthdays, thanksgivings, or christmases. I can do this. I love that boy and I am so blessed to have him in my life. He is such an example to myself as well as to all those in his life. There is just something about cameron. He is loved by so many and is such a kind man. I know he is the one I want to spend eternity with and I know that the next ten months will only continue to confirm that knowledge. I know the work he is doing is true and I know we will be going to the temple soon after his return. I love my old man. I can not wait for next october. Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. that's it, no more reading your blog. i am quite jealous of you. your story is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!!!! This post made me so happy and I texted you about my excitement for this phone call yesterday.... I love you girl, and I know you can do it! It's going to speed by.

    ReplyDelete