04 December 2011

Hawaii: The Run Down

Day 1:

We flew into Maui and were met by a driver. He was hilarious! He got our bags and took us to the Four Seasons. Our home for the next week.


Then we met up with our whole group for dinner


Mom, Pat, Me, Aunt Kathy, and Brookie

Day 2:

We hung out at a combination of the beach and the resort pools all day. It was so great. I snokeled and swam with brooke all day. It was great to get to know my cousin and to hang out with my family. That night we walked to the near by shopping center and had cheeseburgers at a resurant there. Then we made a stop at the ice cream place...Yes much of our vacation surrounded food. And it was great.


Mom and I on our room balcony. Best view ever.

Day 3:

Our whole group (24 people) met at 8 am and were shuttled to a near by pier to board our snokel trip boat. We had the opportunity to snorkel in and under water crater and to slide down a boat slide into the ocean.



My cousins Kelly and Brooke on the boat ride. Too cute right?

Yes, its upside down....you get the point
Then we came back to the resort, cleaned up, and went to dinner at a local fish house. It was here that I tied my first ever cherry stem in my mouth. Yes...I am that good.

Day 4:

On this day my dad rented a jeep and drove us up to the top of Mt. Halakama...a 10,000 foot volcano on the island.
Such an amazing view



Then we met back up with our group and had sushi for dinner. This was one of the most nights. My cousins are so freaking funny!






Best. Picture. Ever.

Okay okay...the rivera's aren't actually my cousins. But for all intesive purposes I'm calling them that.
And yes 3 of the 4 pictures are sideways. Ask me if I care.





Day 5: Thanksgiving





I don't know that this day needs any explanation. It was the best thanksgiving ever. I am so blessed to have had the opportunity to spend it with such amazing people.

Day 6:

Black friday. It was an awesome day that consisted of chicken in the pool, tennis, adam sandler spottings, epic soccer, pizza, bull (the game), crab hunting, ice cream, and the best family ever.


Beach soccer.


Crab hunting
Day 7:
The sad day. This was the day we had to say goodbye to everyone. Half of us were able to spend a day at the pool and have dinner at a fish house. It was yet again, another amazing day.


This was one of the best vacations i've ever had. We were so blessed to spend it with so many amazing people and so blessed to have been able to go at all. Thank you Keith and Kim for your generousity and love for us...and Thank you to everyone else for the amazing laughs and memories. I am so thankful for my family and the love in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment