20 February 2012

This One's For Lex

As the cliche quote that fits this situation most perfectly goes "No one ever said it would be easy, only that it would be worth it."
Lex, some days will be hard. But I'm not going to dwell on that. It will be worth it. I can promise you that.
There is no feeling like the one that accompanies a letter in the mail box. Or better yet, an envelope full of pictures. There is nothing like knowing the man you love more than anything and want to spend forever with is changing people's lives. People will tell you that you can't. They will insist that he will change and will remind you that two years is a long time (as if we could forget). They will be negative, but they will never have the experiences you and josh will have. They will never have the kind of love that comes from being apart or the appreciation a simple letter teaches. They will never be challenged in the way that you will be, and they will never have the blessings that come from those challenges. Lex, I promise you waiting will be worth it. I will be here for you every step of the way, as will Josh, your family, and of course, our savior.
True love is when two people put God before themselves. It is without a doubt the greatest sacrifice I have made thus far in my life, but I am so blessed and so loved because of it.
Remember how blessed you are to have a love worth missing. I love you girl and I know you can do this.

2 comments:

  1. there's not a doubt in my mind why you're my best friend. i love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you so much, Kayla. Gosh, you got me all teary eyed and everything! haha But really, thank you so so much. I really needed to hear those words that it is going to be worth it. You sure are an inspiration to me. Josh and I look up to you and Cameron and hope that we can make it as easy as you make it look. I love you!

    ReplyDelete