17 June 2012

And...Exhale

It's over. I made it through the week and it is all over.

Friday night patrick and I drove up to Hennifer to volunteer for Ragnar.
Just in case I never told you, I love running and LOVE ragnar. Sadly, because of a combination of factors, my team wasn't able to run Wasatch Back this year. I was craving ragnar. Darin, from work, asked me to be on his team a month or so ago, but that didn't work out, so I decided to volunteer for his team.
Our shift was from 11:30 to 4am. It was the best! We directed traffic and got to hangout with lots of insane runners. I talked to some of the crazies and got a way more compliments on my boots than I've ever have. I guess in the dark, after too much running, my boots look killer ;)
We danced to team's music and got free shirts. It smelled like ragnar and I was completely jealous.
SO...I am on a mission to put together a vegas team. My mom is on board, so I think we're set. The best part? Vegas ragnar is November 9 & 10. I'll have a boyfriend then. Guess who is going to run ragnar with my crazy team? I could not be happier. I feel like this will be the best test of our love ever. Sure, we can be apart for two years and still be in love....BUT, can we make it through ragnar without killing each other? I guess we'll find out. I am stoked!!

Patrick and I made it home around 5:15am on saturday and took a long summer's nap. Actually, we just went to bed and I could only sleep 5 hours, but that's basically the same thing right? For whatever reason I couldn't sleep so I went for a run and ended up running fivish miles and getting one heck of a sunburn. Oh yeah, it's summer and I have orange hair. I forgot how that works.

After my run I spent all day working on my father's day talk. seriously, all day. It was a ten minute talk that took me ten hours to write. I guess that's how it works. As nervous as I was though, I really enjoyed everything I learned about and read. I guess there really is no better way to learn than to have to teach. Let's just say, I am SO happy to have that over with. I am so grateful for all my friends in the ward. I kept focusing on friendly faces. Annie (probably the cutest girl in the world) saw me up on the stand and started sticking her tongue out at me. I looked around and stuck my tongue out at her. It's funny how the silliest things can calm your nerves.

As soon as I was done speaking I was instantly relieved and was able to enjoy the superb speakers afterwards, one of which included Brother Robertson. Have I ever mentioned how much I love that family? because I do. Every little family that makes up that family is special to me. He calmed my nerves prior to my talk and made me cry during his talk. After words he told me if he had a sign, he'd give me a ten. Then Borther Malonea (that's def. spelled wrong), who is also part of that amazing family, came up and gave me a hug. He told me I am progressing so well and that I did an awesome job. See how great these people are? I love them! My ward made me calm down and feel special. I love them so much.

Last night I went and saw Ann's play at the Murray Amphitheater, Joesph and the Technicolor Dream Coat. It was amazing. I love going to her shows. They are always so fun and done so well. I sat alone because I couldn't find my co-workers, but made some great friends sitting by me. One man's son played one of the servants. He was so proud of his son and kept telling me all about him. Fathers are cute. As I was sitting there I was thinking how ready I am to no longer be a loner at things or even better, a third wheel. Yes, I am much better at making friends with strangers, but I can't wait to have my cam man with me.

And now, here on sunday afternoon I am wasting time on the computer curled up on my bed, feeling a million times better than I did this past week. Hopefully my headache will go away and this week will be more enjoyable than all the stress of the past one.

No comments:

Post a Comment