11 September 2011

I love America

Today is the tenth anniversary of 9/11.
I was only in third grade, but I remember. I remember waking up and seeing my mom watching the tv. She was very upset, but I couldn't understand why. I was off track so my mom was supposed to take me to daycare. We got there and she talked to my teacher and decided to take us back home. I was upset that I didn't get to stay and play with ashlee and cody. I remember going home and staying there for the day. In the days that followed I remember seeing flags up at every home and seeing my dad cry. I remember watching women on the tv taking off their heels and running. I remember the planes that hit the towers.
It's one of the only things I remember from third grade, and one of my earliest memories. Now I understand why mom decided not to leave us at daycare. I understand why dad was crying and why all the flags were up. I understand why the women left their shoes on the ground. I understand what happened that day.
I love america. I am so grateful to be an american and am so grateful for all of those that protect us and keep us safe. The world was changed that day, and I will never forget why.

No comments:

Post a Comment