03 August 2011

Our Last Girl's Night

So last night was offically our last girl's night ever, before everyone goes to college in a couple weeks. Talk about depressing. The more I think about it, the more I dread it. I couldn't wait to graduate and be done with school, but I don't want to start college either. I just want to live in this moment, now...and last night, that's what we did.
 As tradition goes, we sleep over at lexi's house. My friend tori and I headed over around eight, as we were told to do...but only lexi's mom was there. So we met lex, ashlee, and carli at maceys and "stalked" the "stalkers" supposedly the girls just wanted ice cream, but when josh and preston are working, you know they don't just want ice cream. Such a girl thing to do :) we are totally creepy. Anyways...then we headed over to lexi's and just talked. I love just being so close to people that you can just tell them anything. We laughed and laughed and just got to catch up on one another lives, and yes, one another's love life. Randomly we decided we wanted feathers for our hair so we drove to walmart of course. however, walmart didn't have any feathers. the trip wasn't completely wasted though. me shand and tori started planking in random places and then we all started planking. Okay, seriously, planking is the funniest thing ever. We got on shelves, carts, cars, and camie even got on top of vending machines...ya, intense. It was awesome and we got some great pictures. Then we went planking on a bridge over the jordan river...in the dark...at 12 something at night. very horry-movish. to top it off, we heard a rattle snake in the bushes. needless to say I booked it back to the car. we went back to lex's and yes...the night got interesting. We checked a couple items off of our friend bucketlist and had some awesome adventures in the rain ;) it was awesome! It was a great way to end our summer and quite possibly, our friend ships. From here on, we all understand, nothing will ever be the same. Everyone is going to a different college. Everyone but me and shand are moving and starting a new life away from west jordan...and while I envy them, I know this where I need to be. I need to finish school as quickly as possible and have a very steady and stable job for cam. But I am going to miss my friends more than I could ever explain. they have been my life line these past three years. every moment with them is beyond words and just fun. we have spent the last 3, 6, and 12 years together and not seeing them everyday is going to be hard. Watching each of us go our seperate ways and become who we are supposed to be is killer. They are my family. I have had the best summer with them and the best growing up. I couldn't be luckier and I wish them all the best in all they do. Sometimes, there are people you can't live with out, but you have to let go. and as hard as it is, I am excited for this new chapter in all of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it will be different. But it will also still be good. That's how it is with people who grow in your heart.

    ReplyDelete